Skip to Main Content


2024-25 Enrollment

Are you seeking a top-notch education provided by a staff dedicated to providing a quality academic education, rooted in excellence and rich with a variety of opportunities designed to expand your child’s learning experience? We’re here for you!  Whether your child is just entering kindergarten or embarking on their final years of K-12 schooling, Templeton offers a small school atmosphere with programs typically found in much larger districts, including:

  • Visual and Performing Arts programs with a performing arts center second to none in our area
  • Multiple opportunities to explore Career Technical Education pathways
  • Extensive advanced placement course offerings
  • Dual enrollment high school courses through Cuesta College

We invite you to visit our TUSD website to learn more about enrolling your child in our exciting schools. You’ll find information on who to contact at the various grade levels, documentation required for enrollment, the interdistrict transfer process for transferring your child from your district of residence to Templeton and more.

Students currently attending Templeton schools will receive information directly from the district regarding the 2024/25 school year. Families who chose an alternative program outside Templeton schools this year and wish to return will need to reenroll for the 2024/25 school year. Please visit our website for more information on how to initiate that process now.

Required Documentation

The following documentation is required to initiate pre-registration for your child(ren).

  • Proof of residence within TUSD boundaries, e.g., recent utility bill or escrow documents with your name and physical address; NOTE: rental or lease agreements are not acceptable proof); check the link in TUSD Boundaries on the left to confirm your address is within the TUSD boundaries.
  • Immunization records NOTE: California Senate Bill 277 states that exemptions for religious beliefs or other personal beliefs will no longer be accepted. TUSD complies with all state requirements.
  • Child's birth certificate
  • Copy of 504 Plan, if applicable
  • Copy of Individualized Education Plan (IEP), if applicable

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: My child will turn five years old on September 2 and I want him to go to Kindergarten ... can he?

A: No, TUSD complies with the State Ed Code thus your child must turn five years old on or before September 2 to enroll in Kindergarten. Your child is eligible to enroll in the Transitional Kindergarten, however.

Q: My child will turn five years old on August 30, however, I would prefer to have him attend Transitional Kindergarten. May I enroll him in TK?

A:  No, Transitional Kindergarten is for those children whose fifth birthdate falls between September 2 and June 2.

Q: We just relocated from overseas and my child is age-appropriate for 3rd grade but he did not finish 2nd grade at our school overseas. May I enroll him in 2nd grade?

A: Ensuring your child is placed in the appropriate grade level based on his age and development is essential to his success.  We encourage you to discuss your child's placement directly with the school principal.

Q: We just moved to Templeton. My child is age-appropriate for 5th grade, but was in 7th grade before our relocation. What grade level will my child be enrolled in?

A: Ensuring your child is placed in the appropriate grade level based on his age and development is essential to his success. We encourage you to discuss your child's placement directly with the school principal.

TUSD Boundaries

Are you wondering whether an address is within the Templeton school district? Click on the link below, enter the address and it will tell you whether it is within our boundaries.

If you're new to our district and your address is within the district's boundaries, contact the school site directly to enroll your children.

If you're address is not within the Templeton school district, please contact Leslie Bogart at (805) 434-5805 for further information on the process for obtaining an interdistrict transfer.

Physical Exam (First Grade Only)

The California state law requires that for each child enrolling in first grade must have a certificate, signed by a physician, verifying that the child has received a physical examination within the last 18 months. If your child does not receive this exam, you must file a waiver with the school, stating the reasons you are unable to obtain such services. You must understand that your child may be sent home if you fail to provide the certificate or waiver, or if your child is suspected to be suffering from a contagious disease.

This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.